Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 1 comments

Convenience Killed the Church


Convenience Killed the Church

When I say “Convenience Killed the Church” I mean that convenience has drawn so many people away from church, God, and religion itself. We are a spoiled people! I know I am! 

Today we have access to so many things that we didn’t have 10 years ago. In the Apple App Store alone there are over 500,000 apps available! That just blows my mind! We can access these apps at our own convenience. We are a people who want things now; not later but now! This is why so many people put a barrier between them and the church because things don’t always happen instantly and that is what we are used to. 

Being the imperfect people we are we usually get into some trouble throughout our journey. We believers usually pray for guidance or forgiveness. I’m going to be frank, these things we ask for don’t always happen instantly or at our convenience. When this happens, people slam God and say things like this, “Your God isn’t real! He would have answered you by now!” They do this because they do not fully understand how out God works...

“Cast not away your confidence because God defers his performances. That which does not come in your time, will be hastened in his time, which is always the more convenient season. God will work when he pleases, how he pleases, and by what means he pleases. He is not bound to keep our time, but he will perform his word, honor our faith, and reward them that diligently seek him.” - Matthew Henry

God answers us when convenient to Him, not to us. As I have said, we are a spoiled people and are turned off by something we have to wait for. But if we wait for Him, for His love, we will come to see that is worth more than any app we could ever download!

Some say, “Oh yes, it is easy for you to have patience with God because you are a Christian!” Anyone, I mean ANYONE, can be a Christian! The deciding factor is whether you have the patience to wait on Him and His plan. It is as simple as that! I will admit I have had trouble when times have been tough; but He has always come through for me.

Waiting on something can be very frustrating sometimes! I dare you to have patience and experience His love. I dare you to believe…

1 comments:

Post a Comment