Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 2 comments

Unplugged


Unplugged

As some of you may have noticed, recently the blog had ads. This was so that I could generate some extra money since I cannot get an official job yet. Today I received an email that said my account had generated too much money over this little time and that my account was disabled…

With these ads you earn a certain amount of money for every click. I started out with $0.17 a click, so every time an ad was clicked I received $0.17. I had told some family and friends about the ads and they had decided to help me out by clicking a few ads a day. Well, I got to where I was earning anywhere from $5-25 a day! This was great for me, considering I did not have a job and all I did was blog. Before I was disabled I had made $90 in 5 days! Sounds like a solid plan, huh?

I think I reached a point in the past few days where I wouldn’t care about writing another post. I would get on my site to see the revenue I generated. I told myself, “Oh its fine, you wrote two days ago. Don’t worry about it!” Before I placed my ads I really took time to research it all. One woman said, “Don’t worry about your revenue, it’s all about content. Content, content, content!” My mind was in different place.

My mission with this blog is to reach out to people who know Christ but also to find those who do not and hopefully witness to them. When I placed those ads it seemed like none of that mattered anymore. It was all about, “Wow! I made $12.98 today!”

1 Timothy 6:10 describes my situation oh so perfectly! “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.”
I removed myself from the mission and was distracted by what it was doing for me and not what I was doing for it. The money was meant for a car. Yeah, it’s defiantly a bummer! No doubt! However, I have to understand that God will provide. That money was practically being stolen rite out of Google’s hands. I am thankful I was banned!

I know some of you may think I am crazy for saying that! It was hard seeing that email, I was really looking forward to putting that money in my savings! That just means that I will have to work harder for money now. Which Dad says, “Is good for ya!” Philippians 4:19 reminds me that God is our provider! Not Google, not Blogger, but God!

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 4:19
Being banned was actually a blessing! Being banned opens my eyes to why this blog really exists. It’s not to make money, but to share The Word. I was too naive to realize that those ads would distract me. I just thought that they would just be another thing, nothing major. When I got them, it was revenue, revenue, revenue! Not content, content, content like it should have been from beginning to end.

We all have those little distractions in life that keep us away from our true purpose. I dare you to be unplugged from those things. I dare you to believe…

2 comments:

Paula June 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I'm sorry you're learning a hard lesson in life but proud you are dedicated in committing yourself to your original goal.

Daring to Believe June 13, 2012 at 8:41 PM

That's what it is all about! I am happy, and sad, to learn from this! Thank you for all your support! Love you!

Post a Comment