Friday, June 22, 2012 - 0 comments

Reality Revived the Church


Reality Revived the Church

As I said in my last post, sometimes we separate ourselves from the church or God because they do not always work at our convenience. God doesn’t work at our convenience but He works at His. I don’t think I can stress the fact that we are an imperfect people enough! When we constantly sin and do wrong we feel a sense of shame and we strive to seek forgiveness for our faults. You could say reality sets in; this is when we need the church and God. This is how reality revived the church…

When I sin I feel something tug at me and say, “What’s wrong with you?!” I was talking with Mom in the car yesterday about sinning. Sometimes we are tempted with things that make us “feel good”. It is one of the absolutely hardest things to do when tempted and turn it down. Some of the time I give in…
Stop reading this for a moment and think about church. What it means to you, how you serve it, and how it serves you…

When I think of church I think of a place you can go to hear God’s Word; a place where believers gather to share their opinions on things about Christianity. A place, in my mind, where anyone is welcome. We need church! We are not always going to be accepted and feel like church is a place where you can be. Most importantly, we need God. Yes, He is always there but that doesn’t mean we are a perfect being because He is by our side 24/7. 

When we step away from God we kind of think we can do just about any and everything we want. I was just thinking, one day I will be judged for everything I have ever done wrong. I’m only 15 and I already think it may take a while! After we do wrong for such an extended period something, may be a tiny something, flips the switch and reality sinks in. Everything we have done suddenly shoots across our minds and we realize we are such a broken person. 

Thefreedictionary.com defines forgiveness: To excuse for a fault or an offense; pardon. The only way to receive forgiveness is through God.

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”–John 4:16

We may not always agree with some of the things said at church and that’s okay! That doesn’t mean to drop church totally, that just means God has other plans for you somewhere else. Being church, especially being involved is so fulfilling! My amazing youth group alone is such a blessing! 

When we sin and do wrong we are dead in sin. When reality sinks in seek Him. I dare you to search for somewhere where you can find Him. I dare you to believe…

0 comments:

Post a Comment